Thursday, September 9, 2010

Old Notes, A couch, Bird droppings and Learning to ride a scooter.

We had our second Plains Story Share event last night at the Library, upstairs in a very unpopulated room. Luckily, we had one intentional participant (Mr. Engelmann) and Harsha was willing to step away from her coffee shop and share a story of her own. Though it seems harder than I originally believed to draw people to share stories with each other, when they show up it is worth it. In a time when we are all comfortable keeping our distance, it serves as a great reminder: I love feeling close to others. Plains Story Share will march on and next month will be incredible! Bring us the Ghost Stories.....Hello, Halloween!


I want to note that I do not intend to post my stories continuously. My hope is that soon there will be more recordings from the events and I can leave mine out, lest this becomes a personal depository of my voice. No one wants that. Story 5 : Speaker Katie Huff, September 8 by Katie, PSS Admin
A story of an old note, written as a way to prevent personal sabotage.
Story 6 : Speaker Jess Fryslie, September 8 by Katie, PSS Admin
It's this couch. All about the couch.
Story 7: Speaker Brian K. Engelmann, September 8 by Katie, PSS Admin
The things we do and the birds that drop things on our heads.
Story 8 : Speaker Harsha Mistry, September 8 by Katie, PSS Admin
You get to hear Harsha's great laugh and the mishaps of learning to balance on 2 wheels.

1 comment:

  1. As I listened to the stories posted today I must admit that I laughed several times!! Thank you for sharing your stories!!!

    ReplyDelete